Check out our list for Best Sound Bar
One of the top trends for home theater audio are sound bar speaker systems. These speakers systems offer a ton of benefits with new cutting edge speaker technology. No more are the days of needing the gigantic big box speakers that take up half the room in order to get a powerful sound that will impress the listeners. Top speaker manufacturers can pack quite a punch inside these new sound bars, so much in fact, some sound just like a full surround sound system. Most people wouldn’t even be able to tel the difference. We take a look at the best sound bar systems and provide our review.
So let’s talk benefits
- The biggest benefit, of course, is the space savings you get from a sound bar system as opposed to purchasing a full surround sound speaker system. Most sound bars (the ones we recommend) come as a pair that includes one elongated speaker that sits in front of your TV and one sub-woofer that can sit off to the side.
- When looking for the best sound bar, make sure you get the systems that come with the sub-woofer. In most cases these sub-woofers use bluetooth wireless technology so all you actually need to do is plug in the power cable, but no audio cable is needed between the sound bar and the sub-woofer.
- The great thing about getting a sound bar with a bluetooth sub-woofer, is that you can place the sub-woofer anywhere in the room, even behind you. We have found that when you do this, this gives more of a full surround sound feel.
- Sound bars being the latest trend all come with great extra features including bluetooth audio connection. So in addition to connecting your TV, DVD player, PS4, XBOX, or other home theater systems, you can always connect any of your portable devices wirelessly to stream music or other media. This has proven to be extremely convenient and useful. No need to buy a separate bluetooth audio adapter like you generally need for those old speakers!
- Lastly, the cost of sound bars can be considered a huge benefit. When comparing the sound quality and other benefits to comparable traditional surround sound systems, the sound bar systems almost always come in at a much lower price point. Some of the best sound bars come in at around $300-$500 which is extremely reasonable and low cost compared to how expensive home theater systems can get. Now of course, there are the systems that cost $1,000 and more, but we have found that the majority of the best sound bars fall below this price point.
To keep this review fair, let’s cover some of the drawbacks
- Even though the physical footprint is usually considered a big benefit, some people do not want to have an elongated speaker sitting right in front of their TV, or below when hanging on a wall. Some tend to like the traditional look and setup of a speaker on either side of the TV.
- Although the sound power and quality of these sound bars will impress most people, no matter how you slice it, it’s still not a true 5.1 surround sound system. Most sound bars have 3 or 4 internal speakers in the front, without any physical speakers mounted in the rear.
Let’s take a look at our list for best sound bar
- Klipsch R-10B Bluetooth Soundbar – Klipsch in our opinion is a very underrated speaker manufacturer and because of this they generally provide great value because the price point is very reasonable but the quality is well above average. From our comparisons to some of the top speaker systems, Klipsch certainly holds its own and is very close in quality, yet you can almost always get them for a lower price. This sound bar does come with a powerful sub-woofer so the sound volume and bass will blow you back in your chair. This is a great speaker system for home movie night. Get more info at the Klipsch website.
- Price Point: $450
- Overall Rating: 4.7/5.0
- VIZIO SB3821-C6 38-Inch 2.1 Channel Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer – The Vizio sound bar is a great low-cost option for a good sounding system that still includes a wireless subwoofer for that extra bass you need with a sound bar. Coming in at around $150, you won’t get a sound bar system any cheaper that is worth buying. This system is sleek and small and is excellent for a small living room, playroom or bedroom. Quality and surround sound feel does drop from the Klipsch, especially at higher volumes, but this is still a reliable speaker that will blow away any internal TV speakers for a very reasonable price.
- Price Point: $150
- Overall Rating: 3.9/5.0
- Samsung HW-K550 3.1 Channel 340 Watt Wireless Audio Soundbar – Samsung has a great selection of sound bars. They certainly make the cut, and this particular model could easily qualify for best sound bar. This model sound bar still falls well under $500 but offers over 300 Watts of audio output power! This system packs a great punch and has the crisp sound quality to go along with it. If the amazing quality of Samsung TVs proves their ability to make top of the line electronics, than you can trust that their speaker systems don’t fall short of impressive. Like our other best sound bars, this system is not oversized and has a sleek black finish and style to match your home theater. Samsung makes a reliable, high quality product, and still manages to come in at a fair price point. They do offer cheaper models, as well as a few more expensive models, but this one falls right in the sweet spot for price, power and quality.
- Price Point: $300 (ON SALE)
- Overall Rating: 4.5/5.0